My friends are in that age group where a good number of them have settled down and started families. So, naturally, this was the year of the baby and with babies…comes baby showers! Now, if you don’t already know it…my friends really know how to throw a party. And, they make/give the most lovely gifts. (More proof at my own shower!)
The rocking chair above was made and gifted by the lovely and talented ladies of Regeneration Lynchburg.
Tags: babies, baby shower, friends, Ira, liev, love, lynchburg, Regeneration, sarah, Shannon, the qs, virginia
Leave a comment
My friends made/bought me so many of the items I originally had on my list of baby wants/needs, but for those of you who asked for an updated list…these are the few things I could still use. Thank you!!
1. I could still use a few long sleeved onsies in 3-6 months. Any sweaters in size 3-9 months would also be helpful. Used/hand me downs are perfect, but of course we’d take new ones too!
2. Waterproof wet bag for cloth diapers in Echino Savanah Medium also from Lilstuff.etsy.com I know I have one of these coming my way, but one more wet bag would be lovely.
3. Unscented Wipes
4. a tube of lanolin would be helpful for both nursing woes and use on the few wool diaper covers I have.
5. any of the books from my amazon wish list. (I would love anything from that list! I think you have to search Anita Fontaine).
6. hyland’s teething tablets (I believe I found them at Target…they are homeopathic teething tablets made with chamomile….so great!)
7. Soothies (these are a wonderful gel nursing pad that you can cool in the fridge to soothe sore nipples when nursing!)
8. lastly. I have had my eye on a few of these wooden toys online: wooden platypus, wooden hedgehog and wooden teething rings!
On Saturday my friends threw a lovely baby shower for me. There was such a great turn out, and friends from every walk of my life plus my mom. It was such a special day. Each of my gifts were so personal from the handmade items to the ones bought with loving thoughts of the babe who will wear them. The food was delicious and the beautiful fresh flowers and simple details of the decor were just perfect. My lovely photographer friend took photos of every last bit of it which can be seen here.
My parents helped me move around things upstairs a little more and loved up my Ry girl. We had a very full of life and love weekend even though my sweet was gone to Minneapolis. I’m feeling so blessed today looking back on it all. Thank you, everyone.